CT-User

1-Wire Net

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: 1-Wire Net
From: ct-user@sttng.mlo.dec.com (Tony Brock-Fisher)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 1994 07:32:55 -0400
We have tried to do the 1-wire network with 3 computers with no success.
What happens is that each computer is able to talk only to one nearest
neighbor, i.e. the computers downstream don't forward the net traffic
back out the port. I have v8.52 and have tried the -LOOP parameter
on the startup line. Several have said it is 'SUPPOSED' to work. Of
course with only two computers, there is no difference between a 1-wire
and a 2-wire network... Looks like it'll be a sneakernet field day...

-Tony, K1KP, fisher@hp-and.an.hp.com