CT-User

COM problem solved!

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: COM problem solved!
From: 0006726326@mcimail.com (Thomas A. Collins)
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 94 20:02 EST
After getting CT V9 at Dayton, I installed it and discovered a
"problem," in that I could not get my radio control to function.  I
honestly thought it was a bug (my apologies Ken!).  I tried switching
COM ports and finally figured out it was a bad COM2.  I thought it was
the card, so I finally swapped out the card, and I STILL had the problem.
Anyway, to make a long story short, the problem turned out to be the
ribbon cable that is used to "pull out" COM 2 out of the board.  It is
actually either the cable somehow or inside the plastic housing of the
connector.

So...just posting a solution to a problem that has cost me alot
of aggraviation.   Tom, KY2T (6726326@MCIMAIL.COM)
                             K3GYS (FRC) , Packetcluster