CT-User

new MASTER.DTA on CT BBS

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: new MASTER.DTA on CT BBS
From: kitagawa@ee.es.osaka-u.ac.jp (Masahiro Kitagawa)
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 1994 00:52:24 +0900
> a new MASTER.DTA (download MASTER.ZIP) was uploaded by Scott, WR3G.
> The file is dated September 23.

Thanks Jim, I could download it just before I left home for WW Phone.

> I don't know if it has just DX callsigns or includes Ws as well.

It did contain both Ws and DXs.

But I still think at least tools to convert MASTER.DTA to/from ASCII
should be supplied as a part of CT. On CT-BBS I could find MASTER.DTA
with only Ws. If I want to make MASTER.DTA with only JAs for Japanese
domestic contests, who could make it? I think preparing data for my
own MASTER.DTA is a part of my contesting, but reverse-engineering and
writing converters are not. If tools to make MASTER.DTA are supplied,
using CT could be much more fun. I would like to know other CT lovers'
opinions.

> If for some reason you didn't get it, or are still running CT8 you
> might want to call the CT BBS to download it.

Yes, I guessed that the new MASTER.DTA must have been in CT9 directory
and tried to upgrade my CT8 to CT9 on-line as a last resort to get a
new MASTER.DTA. Unfortunately or fortunately I couldn't figure out how
to do it when I was automatically logged in as registered CT8 user.

Does anyone tell me how to upgrade CT8 to CT9 on-line? I'm very new to
those BBS and learning on-line over Pacific hurts my radio budget
seriously. (Downloading over Pacific already did:-) I envy you guys
having access to CT-BBS with domestic call.

masa/JH3PRR still running CT8