CT-User

CT NETWORK QUESTION

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: CT NETWORK QUESTION
From: rthorne@VNET.IBM.COM (rthorne@VNET.IBM.COM)
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 94 15:49:57 EST
Hi, this is a first time question on the CT reflector.  I spend most of my time
on the contest reflector.

I was at N4ZC for Roger Burt's multi-multi effort.  I was in charge of computer
set up.
I had a few problems and wanted to see if I could get some advice/answers on
why it happens and what to do to fix them.

1 - VG9HF shows as zone 1 when you hit f10, when in fact it was zone 5.  At
    first I didn't think it was a big problem.  My plan was to go to cqww.cty
    and edit.  Well after looking at it I really couldn't determine how ct
    came up with zone 1 in the first place, let alone all the ve provinces.
    Any ideas on how the Canadian province zones are determined?

2 - When the network was up and running, which by the way was easy to get
    running once you figured out what com ports were available on each
    computer when one station entered a qso, the system generated the same
    exact qso a few qso's down the list and labeled it as a dupe.  There
    did not seem to be any operator error causing this.

3 - I was trying to fix the log after the contest.  We found several calls that
    were entered incorrectly.  I read the manual and it says to delete the bad
    call and replace it with your own.  After you have done that to all the
    wrong entries you save the file and run fix_mine.  When I ran fix_mine it
    said it did not find any instances of N4ZC in the log.  However, I know
    Roger's call is all over the place, about 50 times.  So, any help here
    to delete these from the log would be appreciated.

Direct replies would be appreciated.

73,
Rich Thorne - WB5M - RTHORNE@VNET.IBM.COM