CT-User

LPT pin assignments

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: LPT pin assignments
From: ken@packetcluster.com (Ken Wolff)
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 1995 10:42:27
I have attached an LPT port document. Please comment. I tested all these
pins on my computer, so I need you to tell me under what conditions they
don't show up on your computer. Thanks
               Line Printer (LPT) Pin Assignments
                        CT V9.26

Each LPT has up to 12 ouput pins: 1-9, 14, 16, 17

-----------------------  LPT1

Antenna switch data:    2, 7, 8, 9        Top Ten Devices
Antenna switch strobe:  14

CW Keying:              1
CW Pullup:              17

DVK F1-F4:              3, 4, 5, 6
Radio1/Radio2 control:  16                this used to be LPT2 pin2

-----------------------  LPT2

Antenna switch data:    2, 7, 8, 9        for second radio
Antenna switch strobe:  14

Radio1/Radio2 control:  16                for second radio - inverse of LPT1

            Proposed pin assignments for V9.27

-----------------------  LPT1

Antenna switch data:    2, 7, 8, 9        Top Ten Devices
Antenna switch strobe:  14

CW Keying:              1
CW Pullup:              17

DVK F1-F4:              3, 4, 5, 6
Radio1/Radio2 control:  16

Antenna switch data:    2, 7, 8, 9        for second radio
Antenna switch strobe:  14

Split headset bit:      16                set and cleared with ALT-? to
                                          control headset audio per AB6FO

CW PTT:                 1                 to avoid relay chatter

Escape bit for DVK:     17                pulsed low to halt DVK

ken@packetcluster.com (Ken Wolff)

WWW:                      http://ve7tcp.ampr.org/Lists/ct-user.html
Questions:                reisert@ve7tcp.ampr.org