CT-User

Need help: CT/packet cluster problem

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Need help: CT/packet cluster problem
From: AB88%CATCC.BITNET@VTBIT.CC.VT.EDU (Roland A. Anders ( Rol ))
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 1995 20:58:09 EST
Tried to run CT with Packet Cluster today, and while I got it
working, I ran into a seemingly strange situation.  I am using
v. 9.10a and used COMTSR2 -P2 -B9600 -E71 -RTS before starting
CT.  I could only transmit to the cluster, no receive!.  I am
using a PK232 TNC, and was eventually able to get receive by
putting the AUTOBaud in effect, which checks the computer
com setup when you type a "*". After doing so, everything
worked, but a check of the TNC showed it to be in N8, not
E7!  Uninstalling, then reinstalling COMTSR2 as above did not
change the situation...the TNC would only work when set to
N8 (the status window following COMTSR2 installation confirmed
E7, though!)  How can this be? Does the COMTSR not work for
E7 despite the appearance of doing so?  Thanks in advance for
your help with this.  73, Rol K3RA

WWW:                      http://ve7tcp.ampr.org/Lists/ct-user.html
Questions:                reisert@ve7tcp.ampr.org