CT-User

More on Laser printers & CT

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: More on Laser printers & CT
From: wrt@eskimo.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 1995 04:22:29 -0800
At 04:28 PM 11/18/95 -0800, Bob Fabry--N6EK wrote:
-snip-
>If you weren't on the reflector when all this happened, you may have another
>question about printing which you haven't asked yet.  Why does CT always
>waste a blank sheet of paper after every file you print out?  The answer to
>this is that ancient versions of DOS did not have a PRINT command.  Instead,
>one used:
>       TYPE filename > PRN
>and this method required a page eject at the end of each file that is not
>required by the modern print commands.  If you can remember to print your CT
>files using this old way, you won't waste extra paper.  I am hoping that one
>day soon CT will move into the modern world and eliminate this now archaic
>page eject!
There's also another way to eliminate the extra page.  At the end of each
file there's a weird symbol that looks like an Egyptian ankh (anyone know
the real name?).  Anyway, just go to the end of the file and delete that
character and you'll have no more extra page.  I don't think it's a regular
ascii character, so whether it's visible on your screen or not may depend on
your BIOS.  If you don't see it, try placing the cursor at the very end of
the file and backspace until the cursor reaches the last text character.
That should do it.

73, Bill  W7LZP
wrt@eskimo.com

WWW:                      http://ve7tcp.ampr.org/Lists/ct-user.html