CT-User

Two ICOM radios via one COMM port?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Two ICOM radios via one COMM port?
From: wilder@wb3ffv.abs.net (Richard Wilder)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 1996 11:21:08 -0500 (EST)
The ICOM CT-17 interface can handle four radios (with different
addresses) via one COM port.  It appears that CT does not make use of
this feature and requires each radio to be on a seperate port.  Is this
statement correct?  I am using CT 9.27 but have CT4,5,6,7,&8.

I tried IC735 and IC737A radios connected to COM2 via one CT-17.  It was
strange!  I could switch with ALT-period but the radios would soon talk
to each other, that is, tuning one radio would cause the second radio
to track.  Meanwhile, the two radios may be waltzing together on one
band while the ALT-J window would ignore them and the log would
display another band.

Anybody know any tricks to make multiple radios work on one COM port?

73, Dick Wilder, K3DI
(Will accept email request for C6AHL, ZF2OP, & 7J1AOE QSLs)
Best email address is:  wilder@clark.net
My list & junk mail is: wilder@abs.net

WWW:                      http://ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct
Questions:                owner-ct-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org