CT-User

[ct-user] CT's -LOOP option

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT's -LOOP option
From: wheelerm@actrix.gen.nz (wheeler) (wheeler)
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 16:14:00 +1300 (NZDT)
hello Tom

We ran CT version 9 with the loop feature in the recent CQWW SSB & CW contest
at the ZM2K station.

I will try to answer your questions ;

>Is there anybody around that could give me a better understanding of the
>-LOOP option in CT?
>
>I have these specific questions in mind:
>1. Does there need to be a complete loop between all stations? (i.e. 1 to 2,
>2 to 3, 3 to 1).
Yes , you do need a loop arrangement.
Tx from station 1 to Rx station 2, Tx station 2 to Rx station 3, Tx station
3 to Rx station 1.
>2. Without using a null modem cable what pins need to be connected from
>station to station?
You actually make the cable the null modem device by the way you wire it.
Someone here last year, or maybe it was on the YCCC home page, has a plan where
you use a Y cable with your existing (original) cables.

>I've looked through the archives and couldn't find specific answers. Thanks
>in advance for any help you can give.
try YCCC,  http://www.yccc.org/index.html  address.

Are you a multi multi station ?
We can send you our cable plans, if needed.
We are reviewing , with the idea of improving the network cables.
There is a good test program for checking the system from a G station, can
find it if you wish, not right at hand at present.

73
Malcolm
ZL2UDF

WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct