CT-User

[ct-user] Beyond CT -- give me your wish list

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Beyond CT -- give me your wish list
From: Gerry Hull <windev@inetmarket.com> (Gerry Hull)
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 17:40:49 -0400 (EDT)
I've been a CT user since the early days -- a great application.
It has however, outlived it's time -- great if you like the existing
features, but the world is ever-changing.  And the "support" does stink!

I build commercial MS-Windows apps for a living....  I've been working
on a Windows-based CT replacement for the past couple of years -- bits
and pieces here and there.  The problem is the "paying" work keeps
interfering.... Anyway, I'd like to hear what people would like in a
"New Generation" contest application.

Here are some of the problems I've already solved:

1. CW Sending on Windows 95/NT
2. End-User contest configurability: You know the rules, so you tell
   the application what they are.  You'll never have to wait for a
   new version of the application.
3. End-User configuration for New RS-232 interfaces (radio, antenna
   control, rotor).  If you can read the manufacturer's spec, you
   will be able to configure the application to support new products.
   (In addition, if you can write code, I'll have an easy to use
   interface so that third parties can write new drivers.)

4. Full network interoperability with the current CT network.
   + Support for TCP/IP networking
   + Support for NetBios networking

4. I'll probably do this as shareware, with full distribution and
   support via the WWW.  I would'nt do it if support is an issue.

Anyway, I plan to have something for next year's contest season.

SO -- please, forget your frustration and forward me your ideas!

-Gerry, W1VE/VE1RM
w1ve@inetmarket.com

WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct
Questions:                owner-ct-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org