CT-User

[ct-user] CT .vs. TR

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT .vs. TR
From: Bob Wruble" <ai7b@teleport.com (Bob Wruble)
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 17:02:11 -0700
i too was a devoted ct user from the first time it was available as is/was
most of the now devoted 2-3000 TR users.......somewhere along the way
ken wolf, k1ea seemed to lose interest in the k1ea/CT product.......

CT support fell way off and along came TR contesting SW by N6TR.  Besides
incorporating many unique features TR support is ledgendary.....i have yet
to wait more than a few hours for an answer to any question i have had.....

TR is optimized for the cw op but works equally well on fone.....
it has a data base available for every call wked and saved to the db
the db incls callsign, name, qth, arrl section, check, cq zone, iaru zone
grid square, ten/ten nr plus several user defineable fields....all this data
will show up in a contest exchange for that call sign......which helps speed
up ur rate and accuracy.  the db is totally user modified and maintained...
no waiting for someone else to update the database......

TR supports/handles 2 radio contesting,  it supports 40-50 different tests,
it allows u to design and implement a custom test of ur chosing.....

it also includes a general qsoing mode ( i use this feature a lot to keep
sharp on TR and then download the tr file to my master log dbase...DX4WIN)......

in reality tr has so many features and benefits i can't cover them all.....
contact   george k5tr for full info etc.......

the only dwnside, if you can call it a downside for such a superior product is
the
learning curve......even that is deceiving in that u can set it up automatically
to envoke basic features and setup for a given contest......the really neat
features that make it unique require a little better understanding of the SW.
n6tr comes with a 130 page manual that is provided for as a dwn loaded
file......
the manual is excellent and getting btr with each sw revision.....revisions come
often and are free.......i strongly urge u to give it a try......it is a
competitive edge
for many of the worlds best contest ops.....and n6tr is one of them hence a
world class product!!!

73 de w7gg

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>