CT-User

[ct-user] CT_TIME Utility

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT_TIME Utility
From: Gene Ingraham, N2BIM" <n2bim@njdxa.org (Gene Ingraham, N2BIM)
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 15:04:48 -0400
Over this past weekend, one of our Field Day stations
forgot to change his computer to UTC.  I now need to merge this
log with our other stations' logs, but I must change the times to
make this log UTC also.  The log contains over 1100 QSOs, so I
certainly do not want to change every QSO by hand!

I tried running the CT_TIME.EXE Utility as follows:

C:CT>CT_TIME FD97_40 240

The program said 1125 Calls read, and said the old BIN file
had been renamed to FD97_40.OLD.  This was true.
However, when I brought up CT with the new file, the times were still
the same as before.  CT had taken the last QSO from the log, inserted
it on the data entry line, and read it out as a DUPE.  Wonderful.

After deleting the new BIN file, and renaming the .OLD file,
I tried re-running CT_TIME with a +240.  Same result.  Just for
fun, I tried it again with a -240.  Nothing.

Am I doing something wrong?  Is this utility broken, just like
parts of the rest of the program?  Does anyone know of another way
to change the times on this BIN file.  Any help would be very much
appreciated.  Thanks.

Gene,  N2BIM

n2bim@njdxa.org

WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct