CT-User

[ct-user] CT and Field Day bonuses

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT and Field Day bonuses
From: Alan Braun <albraun@socketis.net> (Alan Braun)
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 97 11:58:31
In my previous message on this subject, I forgot to mention one thing and
also made a mistake.

Several people have pointed out to me that the emergency power bonus is
100 pts PER TRANSMITTER, not just 100 pts period.  I've checked the
rules (quoted below) and found that this is correct.  Our group has apparently
been making a mistake in this regard for years now!  Thanks guys, and
sorry Ken.

>                        1) 100% emergency power: 100 points per transmitter
>for 100% emergency power. All equipment and facilities at the Field Day
>site must be operated from a source independent of the commercial mains.
>Example: A club operating 3A, using 100% emergency power may claim
>300 bonus points.

However there is a small bug that I forgot to mention.  Here is a line from
my summary sheet:

(4812 CW QSO PTS + 1350 SSB QSO PTS) X 2 POWER MULTIPLIER + 1000 BONUS = 7,162

The mode-point totals are correct; however the power multiplier (shown as
"X 2 POWER MULTIPLIER") above, has already been figured in.  The final
score as indicated appears to be correct however.  It seems to me that if the
program is going to show the power multiplier (a reasonable thing to do as the
ARRL's summary sheet does), it should wait to figure it in until that part
of the sheet.  In other words, the above should have read

(2406 CW QSO pts + 675 SSB QSO pts) x 2 pwr mult + 1000 bonus = 7162

A minor point, perhaps, but potentially confusing.

Thanks and 73 - Alan NS0B

* Alan Braun MD, NS0B/V31EV *Internet: albraun@socketis.net       *
* Jefferson City, MO        *Packet: NS0B@N0LBA.#cemo.mo.usa.noam *

WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct