CT-User

[ct-user] IOTA-Contest scoring bug in 9.40

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] IOTA-Contest scoring bug in 9.40
From: sr@ultranet.com (sr@ultranet.com)
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 1999 11:28:46 -0400
Check new rules for 1999 contest.  I believe scoring has been changed.
The "5 and 2" system is now "3".   Saw the same error (using last years
rules) in QST
>From EI5DI web site:
7. Scoring.
(a) QSO Points.
Each contact with an IOTA island counts 15 points. Other contacts count 3
points, including contacts with the entrant's own IOTA reference.
(b) Multiplier.
The multiplier is the total of different IOTA references contacted on each
band on CW, plus the total of different IOTA references contacted on each
band on SSB.

(c) Total Score.
The score is the total of QSO points on all bands added together,
multiplied by the total of multipliers

Steve AA1IZ

PS Look for us on NA-148 (MA-031-S) during the contest.