CT-User

[ct-user] Important: Great rule change of All Asia

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Important: Great rule change of All Asia
From: Hide JH8KYU <BXC00177@nifty.ne.jp> (Hide JH8KYU)
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 02:18:46 +0900
Hi contest crazies,

Do you know the great rule changes in the upcoming All Asian DX contest ?
That will be held next weekend, June 17-18.
I'll show you the abstract of them. Further information can be checked
by JARL web site, which URL is;
http://www.jarl.or.jp/English/4_Library/A-4-3_Contests/2000/All_Asia.htm

I'll introduce the main changes but you should also check JARL's web site
to understand the complete rules. If you have any question, please send
an E-mail to JARL contest committee; contest@jarl.or.jp

*** The main changes are as follows;

<For non-Asian stations>
1. Multi-operator sigle transmitter category is now available.
   10 minutes limitation is applied.
2. Exchange you should send is RS(T) + your age. I'll be 40 years old in
   the contest, so I'll send 59940, for example.
   If you don't want to clarify your age, feel free to send 59900.
   Until last year, "00" had been applied to YL stations only.
3. QSO points are modified as follows;
   <Band>      <w/Asian stns>  <w/non-Asian stns>
   160m               3             0
   80m/10m            2             0
   40m/20m/15m        1             0
   Note that points of 10m had been only 1 until last year.
4. E-mail submission is now available. A specific summary and a simple
   log format is prescribed in the JARL web site.
   More details are described later.
5. Some award policies are changed. If you want to know, check JARL web
   page.

<For Asian stations>
1. You can contact all of the world wide except your own entity.
   This means that Asian-Asian QSO is valid.
   Never run CT ver9.50 or earlier in AADX Asian mode. If you run in
   that mode, you cannot enter any Asian stations in your log.
2. All sigle operators are classified by output power.
   Low power means 100W or less.
3. Multi-operator sigle transmitter category is now available.
   10 minutes limitation is applied.
4. Exchange you should send is RS(T) + your age. I'll be 40 years old in
   the contest, so I'll send 59940, for example.
   If you don't want to clarify your age, feel free to send 59900.
   Until last year, "00" had been applied to YL stations only.
5. QSO points are modified as follows;
   <Band>      <w/Asian stns>  <w/non-Asian stns>
   160m               3             9
   80m/10m            2             6
   40m/20m/15m        1             3
   Note that points of 10m is changed and points for Asian-Asian QSOs
   are now defined.
6. E-mail submission is now available. A specific summary and a simple
   log format is prescribed in the JARL web site.
   More details are described later.
7. Some award policies are changed. If you want to know, check JARL web
   page.

<For JA stations>
1. Almost the same as those of Asian stations. But there are 2 more
   categories for JA stations, those are Junior and Silver.
2. Registerd club competition is available like JA domestic contests.
3. Please check the details described in most Japanese magazines,
   JARL news for example.

*** E-mail submission

JARL started to accept E-mail submission last year for their trial.
This year, JARL recommends much more stations to submit the summary and
logs by E-mail. But because they delayed advertising the rule, most of
all contest software haven't support it. So JARL says that the complete
conformation is not required.

But as JARL accepts all submissions automatically by their specific
software, you must observe the summary format as they defined. If you
send a submission without conforming the summary format, you will
receive the return message from JARL. Please check the format, which is
defined in the following URL;
http://www.jarl.com/contest/english/aaelog.htm

Note that the body of the text mail is acceptable, but the attached
file is never accepted.

I heard that TR has already support the new rule of the AADX contest.
But I don't know the details. I think CT and NA haven't support it yet.
As I'm also one of CT user, I recommend one of workaround. Of course,
I confirmed from JARL contest committe that this way is acceptable with
no problem. This is only for maintaining logs and re-calculating scores.
Don't forget the summary format should be created manually with a text
editor. *.all file is acceptable as log sheets.

<For non-Asian stations>
1. Run CT with AADX non-Asian mode as usual
2. Execute "WRITELOG" command after the contest as usual
3. Never modify *.all file at all
   Any mismatch of description on *.all against the AADX rule is
   permitted as it is, if you write appropriate point on your
   summary.
4. Modify the point of 10m on your summary
   PTS = QSO * 2
5. Calculate the final score manually as usual way
   (total of "PTS" for all bands) * (total of "MLT" for all bands)
6. Don't forget to write the "Exchange sent" on the summary,
   because *.all doesn't have it.

<For Asian stations>
1. Back up CTY.DAT file of CT system file
2. Remove following entities from CTY.DAT file with a text editor
   4U1VIC, GM/s, IG9 and IT9
   These are not DXCC entities but only available for CQWW mult.
3. Run CT with CQWW mode in the contest
4. Execute "WRITELOG" command after the contest
5. Never modify *.all file at all
   Any mismatch of description on *.all against the AADX rule is
   permitted as it is, if you write appropriate point on your
   summary.
6. Prepare the following files for recalculation
   - *.sum: get the number of multipliers
   - *.cnt: get the number of qsos by each entity
7. Get the number of entity multipliers from *.sum file
   define these number as "MLT"
   Neglect the zone multipliers
8. Check *.cnt file. If the number of qsos with your own entity is
   shown, subtract one from the number of "MLT"
   Re-define this number as modified "MLT"
9. "PTS" at each band can be calculated as follows
   on 160m:       PTS(modified) = PTS(automatically calculated) * 3
   on 80/10m:     PTS(modified) = PTS(automatically calculated) * 2
   on 40/20/15m:  PTS(modified) = PTS(automatically calculated) * 1
10.Write "QSO", "PTS" and "MULT" for each band on the summary
11.Calculate the final score manually as usual way
   (total of "PTS" for all bands) * (total of "MLT" for all bands)
12.Don't forget to write the "Exchange sent" on the summary,
   because *.all doesn't have it.

<For JA stations>
   Please check Japanese page of JARL's web site or JARL news.

This is slite troublesome, but the logging in the contest is
confortable as usual.

I hope that a lot of stations join the AADX contest in this good
condition period. I also hope to see many stations.

Good luck and enjoy,
Thanks,
Hide JH8KYU