CT-User

[ct-user] NETTSR !!

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] NETTSR !!
From: Tom Frenaye <frenaye@pcnet.com> (Tom Frenaye)
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 18:29:20 -0500
At 10:19 AM 11/2/2000 +0000, Bob Naumann - N5NJ wrote:

>This is one of several responses I've gotten telling me that they use
>3Com cards.
>
>Well, we had a card that was a 3C562/563 Ethernet & Modem PCMCIA card
>that, despite spending several hours poring over the 3com website and
>reading the readme files that came with the drivers, I could not
>determine what driver provided the necessary "packet" compatibility.
>Perhaps, they are labeled as something else, or I do not know the
>3-Com terminology well enough.

That card has Win3.1 and DOS drivers.

Looks like you should:

1) Go to -->  http://support.3com.com/infodeli/tools/nic/3c562.htm

2) Download the 3c562x.exe file

3) Copy the file to an empty directory and run it.

4) A quick look suggests the file you want is called 3celpc.com   It might
be as simple as copying that to your laptop and running it with the right
parameter (3celpc.exe 111  ?)

5) Check out the *.txt files, and the install.exe and setup.exe utilities.

Good luck!
                         -- Tom

e-mail: frenaye@pcnet.com    YCCC --> http://www.yccc.org/
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box 386, West Suffield CT 06093 Phone: 860-668-5444