CT-User

[ct-user] Zero point qso and Cabrillo

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Zero point qso and Cabrillo
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com> (Pete Smith)
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 14:12:43 -0500
At 08:39 AM 12/15/00 -0800, Trey Garlough wrote:
>There is no confusion.  It is very simple.  Read carefully:
>
>      If you wish to claim credit for a QSO, then include it in your log.
>      If you don't wish to claim credit for a QSO, then omit it from your
>      log.
>
>Anyone who believes "the penalty would have been avoided in past years
>by zero-pointing" is *dreaming* unless they are thinking of the bygone
>days of paper logs.
>
>Please note, my comments reflect REALITY and do not reflect some
>utopian ideal for how things *should* be.

If there's no confusion, then why did Dan Henderson tell another one of us
to note "zero-pointed" QSOs in SOAPBOX: lines on submissions to ARRL?  Why
do the ARRL general contest rules continue to threaten penalties for
unmarked dupes in logs?  Why does CQ want added lines for summary and
claimed score information?

The fact is, there are some problems with the Cabrillo format as it is
being implemented at CQ and ARRL, and until that is cleared up
authoritatively, people will continue to have legitimate questions.

73, Pete N4ZR

Contesting is ... Extreme Radio

The World Contest Station Database
is back up and running at