CT-User

[ct-user] WHY NO online manual for CT?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] WHY NO online manual for CT?
From: Oliver Huber" <oe5oho@hotmail.com (Oliver Huber)
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 17:19:59 -0000

hi ct-user!

is there _any_ point WHY there´s no CT manual online?!?

you can download the newest version of CT, all sorts of callsign
databases (with mistakes in them, we all know that ;-)

BUT

no (updated) manual! at least i would like to download the latest
text version!
(in my humble opinion there should _already_ exist(!) such file in
electronic form - or did someone really type the manual with a
typewriter years ago and it wasn´t updated since then??!?)

i purchased CT looong ago - and unfortunately ordered it in Germany
thus getting a translated (german) manual *argh*
(wouldn´t do that nowadays!)
when i couldn´t find any details there about a special circuit which
some US hams mentioned somewhere on a list at contesting.com
OM Jim AD1C helped out with a copy (he´s a cooperative ham!).

just think about - you´re going to the Caribbean, you forgot your
manual - hey, but you have access to the internet.......

i really would suggest to RE-THINK this - and perhaps drop the
written manual and go on with a "online" version. it can be as simple
as a dos-text-file and the graphics extra (at least the circuits,
cause we all know how CT looks like ;-)
(does PDF sound good? how about that?)

we don´t need java, scripts or whatever - SIMPLE but ONLINE is good
enough!

73 de Oliver...

      ... One of the BCC ...
Visit:  http://www.qsl.net/oe5oho