CT-User

[ct-user] WHY NO online manual for CT?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] WHY NO online manual for CT?
From: Alan Braun" <albraun@earthlink.net (Alan Braun)
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 01:40:09 -0000
I've used both CT and TR and have licensed copies of both. N6TR has
authorized someone, I can't remember his call, to put together a manual
which is distributed for free online on the TR website. The manual is
usually a few versions behind the program (not hard to happen since Tree
puts out incremental upgrades every few weeks), but is quite helpful. Having
the manual available online does not seem to hinder his sales. Therefore I
think this argument is bogus. I do think it's unreasonable to expect Ken to
do the programming and write manuals, at least if the user base wants
frequent upgrades and fixes, but I don't think it is unreasonable for him to
work co-operatively with someone else who would have the time to write the
manual for him.

FWIW, one thing that has hurt CT sales is the obnoxious people (NOT Ken) who
have staffed the booth at Dayton the last couple of years.

Alan NS0B