CT-User

[ct-user] RAMDRIVE for DVP - how to?

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] RAMDRIVE for DVP - how to?
From: Bill Hider" <n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider)
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 06:47:04 +0100
Thanks for all the input.
I had left out the C:\Windows\HIMEM.SYS command.
But I still could not get it to work..  I was able to launch CT, and I
immediately got "Stack Overflow" errors upon entering CT and it crashed.
I gave up on the RAMDRIVE.
Given my boot-up configuration (F8, etc) below, has anyone been able to make
a RAMDRIVE work with CT9.57.004?
BTW, I've been using the F8 boot-up command since 1997.  It's the only way
I've seen that will allow me to run CT and control my IC-781, key the radio
from LPT2, and have the TNC on COM1.  I use a 4-serial/3-parallel port ISA
card.

I then tried the SMARTDRV command in the AUTOEXEC.BAT file:

C:\windows\smartdrv.exe 8192

That worked fine and creates a disk cache of 8MB.  The DVP audio now gets
pulled from
HDD only once.

Thanks again.

Bill, N3RR