CT-User

[ct-user] Carrillo File Format 9.65

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Carrillo File Format 9.65
From: alsopb@gloryroad.net (alsopb)
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 12:00:09 +0000
This thread is much to do about nothing.

It's akin to the extended arguments in the middle ages of how many
angels could fit on the head of a pin.

The only solution appears to be to have both CQ and QST to require a
specific single extension and the software code generate that file.
This is a poor reflection on the state of the users today.

I think is is the height of absurdity that users can't/won't (after
assembling a contest station and spending 48 hours of devoted
contesting) change the file extension to whatever is required.  Not
only that it appears that users won't even look up what is required.

Are we so ignorant of DOS/WINDOWS that renaming a file is an
impossible task?  Are we so lazy that we won't find out what is
required for submission (it only takes looking up the website for the
contest)?

de Brian/K3KO