CT-User

[ct-user] CT TNC NETWORKING

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT TNC NETWORKING
From: ha1ag@compuserve.com (Zoli Pitman HA1AG)
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 00:07:29 +0200
Braco,

You should go back at least to 9.47 to get it working. After that release
Ken changed something in the network protocol and there are heaps of
messaging going through the network.

Options to decrease network traffic:

- disable frequency reporting over the network
- send only mults through the network
- don't set up Station 1 in your setup. Start station numbering from 2.
Station 1 sends out the time regularly (every 10 seconds or so) and it loads
your network.
-disable Loop option and put the TNC to one end of the chain.

You need to have 9.6k connections at least and maxed out buffer in TNC.

TNC-setup: transfer-mode, 0 retry, no echo.

Set up the radio connection between the two TNC's. Specify network for the
COM-port you have the TNC on and test it with ALT-G.

If you follow these steps it should work.

I find CT networking is easy, I wish I had sufficient understanding of IP to
be able to finally set up WinTelnetX for the Ethernet backbone of CT or
Writelog...

73 de Zoli HA1AG