CT-User

[ct-user] DVP problem

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] DVP problem
From: K4SO@aol.com (K4SO@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 08:38:09 EST
--part1_b8.23ba9630.29b4d2c1_boundary

Here's one for you DVP users. I have struggled with this one for a long time,
but since I don't really use the synthesized calls, I haven't worried about
not resolving it. Now, I'm just bugged enough to pursue it.

On most calls, I get the full call, then "E," "E," at the end of their call
using the F5. I suspect a directory structure problem and should just
re-record all letters, numbers, and combinations, I guess. OTOH, the existing
files sound pretty reasonable and I'd rather just fix what's there if
practical.

Another issue is what sounds like processor noise in new recordings. Has
anyone experienced this in certain machines? I used a Pentium 200 with great
quality for some time, now the board is in a Cyrix PR200 (Pentium 166 equiv.)
and I always get superimposed, high-pitched, cycling noise on the new
recordings. I suspect this machine is just "noisy" and don't think the DVP
itself is responsible. I am using 9.53, which is where I stopped some time
back because, seemingly, everything I generally use works FB.

Any insights appreciated.

73, Mark

--part1_b8.23ba9630.29b4d2c1_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>Here's one for you DVP users. I
have struggled with this one for a long time, but since I don't really use the
synthesized calls, I haven't worried about not resolving it. Now, I'm just
bugged enough to pursue it.
<BR>
<BR>On most calls, I get the full call, then "E," "E," at the end of their call
using the F5. I suspect a directory structure problem and should just re-record
all letters, numbers, and combinations, I guess. OTOH, the existing files sound
pretty reasonable and I'd rather just fix what's there if practical.
<BR>
<BR>Another issue is what sounds like processor noise in new recordings. Has
anyone experienced this in certain machines? I used a Pentium 200 with great
quality for some time, now the board is in a Cyrix PR200 (Pentium 166 equiv.)
and I always get superimposed, high-pitched, cycling noise on the new
recordings. I suspect this machine is just "noisy" and don't think the DVP
itself is responsible. I am using 9.53, which is where I stopped some time back
because, seemingly, everything I generally use works FB.
<BR>
<BR>Any insights appreciated.
<BR>
<BR>73, Mark</FONT></HTML>