CT-User

[ct-user] Networking CTWin & CT DOS

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Networking CTWin & CT DOS
From: k8dd@arrl.net (Hank Kohl)
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 19:36:56 -0400
At 10/7/2002 10:39 PM +0000, David Robbins wrote:

>I'm not sure why ctwin and dos ct won't talk, if I get a chance I'll set
>up a test here to see if I can tell... that is if ken doesn't answer
>first.

I have tried CTWin and CT DOS on the same network.
The DOS box will ping the CTWin box and vice versa.
But they will not talk to each other running CTWin and CT DOS - spots,
logging info or packetcluster spots.
I haven't put Network Sniffer on, but I expect that there is a protocol
problem between NETTSR and Windows TCP/IP.

Also noticed that Win2K will not telnet but 95 and 98 will.  I'd boot my
laptop into 98 instead of Win2K if that was the telnet box!!

73    Hank    K8DD

*/     Hank Kohl  K8DD      k8dd@arrl.net
*/     ARRL TS              http://www.qsl.net/k8dd
*/     MI-QRP - Vice Pres.  QRP-ARCI - Director
*/
If God intended you to be on single sideband, he would have given you only
one nostril.
- Steve, K2PTS

multipart/alternative
  text/html