CT-User

[ct-user] DVP callsign function not working - FIXED!

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] DVP callsign function not working - FIXED!
From: kq2m at earthlink.net (Robert Shohet)
Date: Wed Feb 26 12:01:08 2003
Ken,

Thanks for responding quickly both times.  I am forwarding your responses to
the reflector so that others might try what you suggested, if they
experience a similar problem.  A few notes:

1) I DID fix the problem
Apparently in the .bat file I had created, the CT path was on the wrong
subdirectory on both computers.  I must have migrated
this in the past two months and not realized it.  DUH! Simple error, simple
solution.  Problem Solved!

2) I noticed the discrepancy when I checked the DVPPATH in the .bat file.
HOWEVER, when you type "set dvppath" at the DOS prompt, DOS tells you
"Syntax error".

3) As a suggestion for others who might learn from my experience, I took a
piece of paper and wrote down the relevant subdirectory where the CT files
were stored (I have more than one).  I taped this to the front of the
computer monitor to make it "idiot proof" and to help me quickly remember.

When I looked at the monitor again, a "lightbulb" went off in my head as to
what to check next.

Will see you guys in ARRLDX this weekend.  GL and Ken, thanks for your
help!.

73
Bob KQ2M