CT-User

[ct-user] problems with ct

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] problems with ct
From: nq4i at contesting.com (Rick Dougherty NQ4I)
Date: Tue Aug 12 17:38:09 2003
Hi all.....as a power user of CT...I have 16 machines networked...a few
comments:
1. I got rid of most of my CT related problems by having DOS and NO
config.sys during load up.....
2. Most radio communication problems are related to comtsr having a conflict
with some other device.....I also use K1EA DVP's and they are very prone to
IRQ conflicts...but the problems can be solved...
3. We ran CT9.89 during WPX CW this past year and had numerous serial
numbering problems during the test...not sure where they came from yet....
4. Going from thin-net networking to CAT 5 was a giant step forward, and
computer crashes no longer take down adjacent machines.....
5. Lastly I run a version for a week or so before the contest and do as much
actual logging functions as I can before I move from a stable and known
version to the next....
6. Ken K1EA has been responsive and quick to reply, as has K1TTT (we use his
NETTSR for networking)

73 de Rick nq4i