CT-User

Re: [ct-user] Com Port Keying

To: <k4oj@tampabay.rr.com>, <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] Com Port Keying
From: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:30:59 -0000
K4OJ asked: "Why would you want to use the com ports?"

I've used a serial port since the late 80's when I first became a CT user. I
built the interface then and it has never failed. Why would anyone want to
use the parallel port? I have never found a need for PTT or paddle support.
CT keys my radio just fine and my paddle support comes from an external
keyer, which also keys my radio just fine. Until someone demonstrates the
parallel port will work more stations I'll keep using the serial port.

MAL                N7MAL
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ
www.citlink.net/~suzyq/N7mal.htm
www.geocities.com/n7mal