CT-User

RE: [ct-user] Networking CTWIN

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [ct-user] Networking CTWIN
From: "AB2E Darrell" <ab2e@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:15:24 -0400
Hi Steve, the Ethernet networking for CTWIN is very reliable(you don't need the NETTSR program, that is just for CTDOS). You need to make a couple of settings adjustments on the networked PCs running CTWIN so that they see each other on the network.

Are you running Win98 or WinXP?
Either way in Control Panel, find the area where your network card is listed, and it will also show the TCP/IP properties. It is likely checked 'automatically assign an IP address' or something similar. Check the box below to assign an IP address. Make the submask something like 255.255.255.0. On the first computer, make the IP address 10.0.0.10, on the 2nd one 10.0.0.20. Do this for as many computers as you are networking for CTWIN.

If you are using packet and/or telnet, the spots should flow to all the PCs on the network if you have the other setting as usual for your TNC or packet.

You should be set to go!
73 Darrell AB2E

I am familiar with networking computers using CTDOS using the null modem

cable and nettsrs.  Can I network two CTWIN computers using a null modem
cable in
the same manner?  I presume the nettsr is not needed.