CT-User

Re: [ct-user] RAC.ZIP - BAD RAC.DAT (fixed)

To: R Johnson <k1vu@tmlp.com>, Ken Wolff <ken@k1ea.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] RAC.ZIP - BAD RAC.DAT (fixed)
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 07:32:28 -0700 (PDT)
OK, I did some further investigation this morning.  Bob is right.

The ON (VE3) line in the RAC.DAT file had bad characters in it.  This was the
file dated approx. 21:12 local time on June 30, the file that Ken originally
put up as RAC.ZIP, and the same file I put into ct-dat.zip last night.  This
only seemed to affect the DOS version of CT 10.01.007, not the Windows version.

I uploaded a new RAC.DAT and CT-DAT.ZIP file to the web site Thursday morning:

  http://www.k1ea.com/dat/

If there are any further problems, let me know.

And Bob, sorry for all the denial.  I assumed Ken had fixed this completely
(both in the program and in the data file).  Once I looked in a binary file
editor (Emacs), the problem was obvious.

- Jim

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC