CT-User

Re: [ct-user] NETWORK 3 PC's vs 1 PC

To: "Winston Roig Jr" <dayscuba@infomed.sld.cu>,<ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] NETWORK 3 PC's vs 1 PC
From: Ed Parish K1EP <k1ep@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 11:32:12 -0500
There are two ways to connect four computers using serial ports.  The first
method requires that two of the computers have two serial ports.

PC1/sp1------PC2/sp1 PC2/sp2------PC3/sp1 PC3/sp2---------PC4/sp1

The other method only requires one serial port per computer, however, you must
make up special cables.  It is called LOOP mode.  Basically, you connect pin 2
of one computer to pin 3 of the next computer in a loop.  For the degenerative
case of only two computers, the cable is essentially a cross over or null modem
cable.  Otherwise, you will have to construct special cables.  You can not
connect cables as you described below.