CT-User

Re: [ct-user] Band Map

To: ct-user <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] Band Map
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 15:55:42 -1000
I used BANDMAP this weekend in the CQ160 CW test. I don't know how I
ever operated in a contest without it. For stations I heard, but could
not work after reasonable number of tries, I used the Ctrl Enter
combination to add them to the BANDMAP list. I got tired of using two
hands to do that (my laptop has only one Ctrl key and it is far from the
Enter key), so I remapped the | \ key (right above the Enter key) to do
it with just one key. It worked great! I can also see how in a multi-op
or single-op cluster assisted operation the BANDMAP could virtually
replace tuning the band and listening. Just let the people posting spots
find the multipliers for you! Maybe someday I'll try that. For now I'm
sticking with single op catagory in the 160 tests.

DE N6KB