CT-User

Re: [ct-user] DVP Recording Problem

To: <sabrams@nycap.rr.com>, "Robert Pack, NX5M" <nx5m@txcyber.com>,<ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] DVP Recording Problem
From: "Robert Shohet" <kq2m@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 09:30:29 -0500
Hi Guys,

I had a similar problem three times with old 486 computers.
In each case I deleted all the files and subdirectories,
and copied all the working files on the second computer
to the first computer using Laplink.

I then took the DVP board out, cleaned the dust out of
the computer, remounted the board, checked the DVP
connections and then attempted to start everything again.

Aside from a few minor glitches, I got about 98%+ functionality
on two occasions.

I suspect the problem was a combination of corrupted files,
dust, time and wear.  Things have been working well since.

My experience was that one time it was the board -
as a result of an EMP pulse damage from multiple
lightning strikes nearby, the other two times it was
corrupted computer files.  Static electricity buildup
and RF can be contributing factors to the file
corruption problem so make sure that everything is well
grounded and there is no easy path for static electricity
to buildup at the DVP board before, during and after mounting.

Good luck!

73
Bob KQ2M