CT-User

[ct-user] Newer computers

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: [ct-user] Newer computers
From: Bob Schreibmaier <k3ph@ptd.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 23:06:45 -0400
 >I just updated to a new computer using Windows XP and the computer no
 >longer has the little 3.5" floppy drive and has no Drive A to use for
 >saving the log as specified in the CT manual....see page 42 "Saving the
 >Log File."  Is there a way to change the CTWIN software to use a drive
 >letter other than drive A?      W7UPF   donsay2 at cox.net

If you have a USB memory stick, you can use it and
simply remap it to the A: drive.  Insert the USB
memory stick in one of the front panel USB sockets.
In my case, it turned out to be the J: drive.  It
will likely be something else on other systems.

Then, I went to the Windows Desktop and right-clicked
on "My Computer."  Clicked on "Manage" and "Disk
Management."  All the drives appear in the upper right
portion of the resulting window.  Then, I right-clicked
on the J: drive and "Change Drive Letter and Paths"
to call it the A: drive.

That probably sounds harder than it really is.
It's just a few appropriate clicks to change the
drive letter.

Of course, the flashing light on the USB memory
stick is a little annoying...  :-)

73,
Bob
K3PH