CT-User

[ct-user] Cabrillo to CT converter version 4.0 (beta) needs testing

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: [ct-user] Cabrillo to CT converter version 4.0 (beta) needs testing
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 15:48:43 -0800 (PST)
Hi Folks,

About a year ago, at the behest of Tim K3LR, I wrote a program to convert a
Cabrillo log into a CT .BIN file, so that people could generate the
"traditional" reports like the CT breakdown sheet.  It can also be used as a
path to convert Cabrillo to ADIF.  Only contests that CT supports can be
converted.

I have put version 4.0 (beta) of the program on the my web site.  This version
supports the Cabrillo 3.0 standard (as well as Cabrillo 2.0):

    http://software.ad1c.us/#Cabrillo

Look for this text:

    "BETA: Please help test version 4.0 (beta) with
     added support for Cabrillo 3.0.  Download HERE."

I would appreciate some people trying this new version out.  When it runs, it
should say something like this:

    Convert Cabrillo to CT10 .BIN format - Version 4.0.beta
    Jim Reisert, AD1C - Nov  6 2007 15:44:42

I need to know if your Cabrillo log generates any warnings/errors from the
program (i.e. unrecognized tags or invalid tag values).  It would be an added
BONUS if you could read the generated .BIN file into CT version 10.xx (download
from http://www.k1ea.com) to see if the information sheet matches the
information from your Cabrillo log.  I only had a half-dozen Cabrillo logs to
test with, and only one Cabrillo 3.0 log.

This program will only work in a MS-DOS (CMD) window under Windows (not pure
DOS). DOS should be supported in the final release (assuming I can still build
DOS programs on Windows Vista 64).  I do not anticipate making a Windows GUI
version.

Please report any results directly to me, not to the reflector.  If the program
encountered some kind of error, please send me your Cabrillo log so I can fix
it.  Once the last kinks are worked out, I'll release the full version.

Thanks & 73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C/Ø, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us