CT-User

[ct-user] CTWIN keying via USB port on an XP laptop

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: [ct-user] CTWIN keying via USB port on an XP laptop
From: K1ZM@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 06:38:50 EST
Hi Folks

Jeff K1ZM here.

I have seen traffic on this subject on this  reflector recently which is of
keen interest to me just now.  But  I did not see the key question really
answered....

Is there any KNOWN adapter cable device out there that will allow CTWIN
running on WINDOWS XP to key a modern radio via a USB to LPT interface  cable?
By
this I mean a USB to Parallel port adapter cable that will  actually handle
the CTWIN keying function properly to a modern radio using  direct CW keying.

Or will the lack of an interrupt function still screw things up?

Is WINKEY or WINKEYUSB the only REAL way around this problem?

Can anyone who has done this WITHOUT winkey please advise the specific  cable
and source for it - if such a thing exists?

Many thanks.

73 JEFF

_K1ZM@aol.com_ (mailto:K1ZM@aol.com)
steps!