CT-User

Re: [ct-user] "Busted logs" from old DOS CT

To: ct-user@contesting.com, Larry <w6nws@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [ct-user] "Busted logs" from old DOS CT
From: Dan Z <k2ywe@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:03:13 -0800 (PST)
Dave,
- What might have caused the original error? Is this a sign that the internal
clock in the laptop experienced a hardware error (can you tell I'm not
computer-fluent?)?
* Can't tell, and probably doesn't matter at this stage.

- Is there a chance that the *.bin files have correct timestamps?
* Not likely if you created the Cabrillo file by invoking the WRITELOG command
in CT.  The time data comes from the BIN file.

- Will CT for Windows run under XP, and will it successfully open CT for DOS
files?
*Yes, CTWin rund fine under XP.  Use the -vga command line switch for a full
screen display.
*No, CTWin will not read old DOS BIN files directly, but there is a utility on
the CT website called "9to10" that I believe will create a file that CTWin can
read.

- Will anything else out there open a CT for DOS binary file?
*Might be, but I haven't found one.  You might try converting it to an ADIF
with the "ct2adifF" utility and looking at the resulting file with a text
editor.

Dan Zeitlin - K2YWE
South Shore ARC - K3AU
Annapolis, Maryland