CT-User

Re: [ct-user] CT WIN Questions

To: ct-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [ct-user] CT WIN Questions
From: Bob Schreibmaier <k3ph@ptd.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 16:41:01 -0500
Clicking and grabbing the corner won't do anything.
CTWin is actually a DOS program compiled to run
in a console window.  :-(

I don't know if you're stuck with the window sizes
that you get, but here's how I have CTWin set up
for a 1024 by 768 screen.  Seems to work for me.

Right clicking on the CTWin icon, I open up Properties
and Options.  I set small cursor size, window, insert
mode, buffer size of 50 and number of buffers to 4.

Under Font, I have it set for 14 size, bold fonts,
and Lucida Console.

Under Layout, both Screen buffer size and Window size
are set to 80 width and 50 height.  Window position
is set to 294 left and 0 top, NOT letting the system
determine window position.  This creates a tall CTWin
window that runs from top to bottom of the screen and
on the extreme right.  Looks something like this:

http://home.ptd.net/~k3ph/CTWin.jpg

BTW, if I have to exit and restart CTWin for any reason,
the Rate window disappears.  Alt-R quickly restores it.

Don't know if any of this was useful, but I hope so.

73,
Bob
K3PH

2) I am using the –vga switch and I have maximized the screen, and made the
buffer large but the Super Check Partial and
the other windows are still quite small, in fact smaller than in CT DOS.

How can I make the windows them taller and wider?  Clicking/grabbing and pulling the
corner of the window doesn’t do anything.