Re: [Karlnet] Karlnet clients & APs

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Karlnet clients & APs
From: "hfl-lists" <hfl-lists@stormcrows.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 13:14:15 -0500
I think they tried that and had some serious performance issues with it..

also from a support standpoint it seems from what I have heard that a single
ethernet interface to your customer would be easier than the nightmare that
USB can become.

Charles has what looks to be a wonderful CPE that comes ready in a
weatherproof enclosure and PoE for $275 w/ single user KarlNet software on
it.  Not too shabby.

Cost analysis by me was:

      Single User USB Install:
      Orinoco USB Silver client:  $115.00
      Cabling  $ 75.00
      KarlNet NDIS client  $ 20.00
      Antenna  $ 35.00
      Mounting hardware  $ 15.00
      Weatherproof enclosure:  $ 25.00
      single user cost:  $285.00

      Single Customer Install:
      CW Labs RG-1100 w/ KarlNet  $275.00
      Mounting hardware  $ 15.00
      Antenna (8dBi patch?)  $ 35.00
      Cabling  $ 25.00
      single user cost:  $350.00

I am sure I am off by a bit.. but I was thinking that using an active USB
cable(s) were going to cost more than a little bit.. even if I am off like
$50 then you get to the support side of things..

just my $0.02