[Karlnet] FW: Problem loading Karlnet Software on Remote CPE

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: [Karlnet] FW: Problem loading Karlnet Software on Remote CPE
From: "Eric Meth" <emeth@iescomm.on.ca>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 13:40:35 -0400
From: Eric Meth VE3EI [mailto:ve3ei@rac.ca]
Sent: Saturday, June 08, 2002 12:59 PM
To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com

Hi everyone. With an august body of knowlegde that we have here I am going
to ask for your help!

I am having trouble loading the Compact Flash module in a Teletronics Remote
CPE.
I have followed the CF loader instructions provided by Karlnet, this works
well.
I then follow the following procedure:
Open Config File,
Load BIN file knevotcn-v4[2].01.bin
select license key KNEVOTCN-V400-00E04C390B9F.lkf
upload software
a) if no wireless card is installed
   open remote config
   configure everything except interface
   save config (check to see if in configurator)
   power down
   inset wireless card
   unit (ie the Remote RG) is no longer visible to the configurator
b) if wireless card already installed in the remote
   unit (ie the remote RG) is no longer visible in configurator

Help! What am I doing wrong? Anyone else have this version running?

Other notes:
1) The teletronics is the older bios version with a selectable voltage (5/3
and 3) jumper on the        board. The new ones do not have the jumper
2) I have downloaded the BIN file more than once just in case I had a
corrupt download
3) I am using a WaveLAN 11mb silver card that works in another machine
4) The Teletronics, with its original software, works fine. (Just got a new
firmware module)
5) I checked the voltages on the remote CPE and they do not change.
What help you can give would be gratefully appreciated.

While I am on this subject. Anybody have any RGs they wish to sell? My
distributor is out of stock until the end of the month.

Eric Meth
IES Communications