RE: [Karlnet] WISP size

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: RE: [Karlnet] WISP size
From: "Eric Meth" <emeth@iescomm.on.ca>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 12:12:36 -0400
By comparison, we are relatively small. We are located 60 miles west of
Montreal, 60 miles south of Ottawa along the St Lawrence River bordering
upstate NY.
We currently have 5 POPs from one main site. We have 29 customers of which
17 are business and 9 are residential (2 customers have 2 locations).
Aggregate bandwidth per month is approximately 50gb and bandwidth rates vary
from 128k to 2mb depending on the customer. Congestion is so bad we have had
to increase our bandwidth (high class problem). All equipment is Karlnet
Based (either WaveWireless or Karlnet) running a mixture of 3.88 and 4.02.
We use a MikroTik router at our main  hub to perform the RIP routing as we
have several small IP blocks and version 3.88 does not support that.
Smallest POP is 100ft above ground and the highest is 320ft AGL. We are
adding customers at a an average rate of 4 per month, mainly residential.
The biggest challenge is getting over the foliage which is thicker this year
than ever before.
Our WISP has been in operation approximately 2 1/2 years but has only taken
off in the last 6 months. Let's see where we go! You are invited to check
our website for pricing and end-user information.
Regards,
Eric Meth
IES Wireless
Cornwall, Ontario