Re: [Karlnet] Flakey signals

To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: Re: [Karlnet] Flakey signals
From: Chris Conn <cconn@abacom.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 11:41:54 -0500
admin wrote:
Hello listers,
I am running an AP1000 with ISP upgrade KarlbridgeRouter V4.27 snxxxxxxxxxxxx V3.70. What should the pccard version be to avoid issues and where on the cofigev do I located the version of the cards in the slots to find out?

Thanks in advance,

Hello,

You don't have to worry from what I am told (Karlnet, please validate this), since the card firmware is in the 4.xx code, therefore even if you use a 6.08 orinoco, you will load 7.52 dynamically when the unit boots. This is most likely true for PRISM as well.

This is what is known as "tertiary firmware" I believe.

This is also why I am advocating the use of 8.10 firmware or better in the code support newer WEP issues.

Chris