RE: [Karlnet] my bridging issue

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: RE: [Karlnet] my bridging issue
From: "Sam Deller - Airnet NZ" <sam.deller@airnet.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 08:37:49 +1300
We had an identical issue with all of our clients. Even with bridging turned
off AND inhibit NAT from 802.11, the internal (private ip of the RG) would
STILL 'leak' over to the wireless side. Our ISP bases were all in bridging
mode.
This was with 4.02 - Maybe this has been fixed with 4.31?

In our situation, the only cure we found was to spend several days
reconfiguring every client site (connected to the same ISP base to have
different internal subnets. ie client A 192.168.1.x client b 192.168.2.x
client C 192.168.3.x and so on.....

This fixed all issues, but still didnt change the fact that the private IP
was leaking. We tried this by setting up a w2k machine with multiple IP's
(192.168.1.200, 192.168.2.200 and so on). This was connected at our NOC and
bridged to the ISP base. We could still ping each and every RG's internal
address (192.168.1.254, 192.168.2.254 and so on etc...)
We could even configure each and every RG by their so-called 'private IP
addresss'!!

-Sam