RE: [Karlnet] QuickBridge

To: <karlnet@WISPNotes.com>
Subject: RE: [Karlnet] QuickBridge
From: "Sam Deller - Airnet NZ" <sam.deller@airnet.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 23:22:03 +1300
Yes,
Absolutely fantastic. Conforms to legal EIRP and goes a lot further than the advertised 10KM. (10 KM is the maximum distance to achieve better than 99.995% availability however...)
We stretched one to over 20KM for testing purposes and it didnt drop a single packet when ping filling for 24hrs.
Latency is advertised as 5ms MAX - but to date we have never seen any slower than .05ms
Actual 'real' throughput is around 12 meg or more

Havent tried the wayside E1/T1 model. This is simply a standard QB20 kit that includes 2 x separate E1/T1 multiplexor units.

Needs no configuration out of the box, just plug it in, aim it, bob's your uncle. If you ever have to change channel etc, it can all be done from one side no problem.

ooh, last hint... spray the back fins with decent long-life-outdoor-insect-killer before you install. Cockroaches tend to make a large family in there within a week :-)

Regards
Sam Deller
Airnet NZ LTD
PO Box 1461