Re: [Karlnet] So you want to build a backhaul...

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] So you want to build a backhaul...
From: Roger Boggs <rogerboggs@att.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 19:53:21 -0500
At that range and data rate, your choices in the unlicensed world are
pretty limited. Redline or Western Multiplex would be what I'd be considering.
If cost is the driving factor, design the system both ways, compare, and choose.

Don't rule out licensed stuff for a link like this, though.  At that kind of
distance and that kind of data rate, it sounds like you're not necessarily
willing to assume a lot of risk (of being knocked offline by another user of
5800MHz gear).  Can you put a price on link outage time?

At 04:35 PM 2/12/03 -0600, you wrote:
How about 10 - 15 miles?