RE: [Karlnet] MTU

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] MTU
From: "Sam Deller - Airnet NZ" <sam.deller@airnet.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 19:18:50 +1200
I dont want this to sound like a silly answer - but why ??

Most WAN networking equipment will not handle over 1472 MTU anyway.... (in
other words, there is most probably a link in your (upstream?) chain that
only supports upto 1472. therefore whats the point?)

ok of this is totally needed, just use a linksys BEFSR11 (basically a NAT
box with a few extra features) at the client end (RG1000 side) with MTU set
to 1500.
RG does bridging, Linksys doing the NATTing, job done. If you live in USA,
you should get change from sixty bucks from buying this gadget.

If you are really keen you can 1500 MTU the entire AP-1000 basestaion +
clients by plonking the Linksys between the AP and the ethernet backbone
feeding it....

To my knowledge Karlnet does not have features to limit the MTU. But then
again, I havent used Karlnet since 4.02... something may have been added
since then.. but wait... from memory I am sure that Karlnet only supported
UP TO 1500 MTU anyway? - correct me if I am wrong pls.

Regards
-Sam