RE: [Karlnet] Base station question?????

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] Base station question?????
From: Thomas Giger TGC <thomas.giger@tgc.de>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 21:55:55 +0200
Most of our customers require that we assume an address within the private
range they have been using and would not let us dictate them a renumbering
orgy. And of course, you will find that at least two of them use the same
address space.

Also: If two of them want to run an SMTP server, how would you translate
from public address space into private? At your border router using multiple
public IP addresses - but then, why not give them a public IP address on the
wireless interface and have the CPE do NAT on the private address space? No
more problems ... in fact, all your customers could use 192.168.1.0/24 ...

regards,
--
true global communications GmbH
Thomas Giger