Re: [Karlnet] KN-200 PoE update

Subject: Re: [Karlnet] KN-200 PoE update
From: "Norm Young" <lists@applegatebroadband.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 13:19:21 -0700
I did get a bright yellow warning page, that I read completely.  It referred
me to the system integration guide that  talked about using...a fan.

I was just running the system on the bench, and the damn thing requires a
fan.
(Where, exactly is a bit of a question.)   It's not like it was sitting
inside an enclosure, or at least one that was closed.  It has substantial
vents and the cover was off! Ambient was 75 degrees F, not exactly roasting.
This thing is fragile!   Not very robust hardware, IMO.

If the board requires a fan, then, by all means, spend the extra $2, Karlnet
and put one on it.   Let's not dance around the issue, put a mount right
where the heat is generated.  Then it would be clear, very clear that
running this board without a fan is an exercise in futility.

ARgggh!