RE: [Karlnet] Karlnet vs Lucent

Subject: RE: [Karlnet] Karlnet vs Lucent
From: "smyers" <wifiengineer@telsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 13:23:18 -0500
Good day to you.  I have experience in the equipment you mention and can
offer relation as way to help.

I have a extremely similar network, with a piece of equipment running as
a "COR master" (commonly referred to as base in KarlNet lingo), and
multiple "slaves"  (referred to as satellites).  Most of the satellites
in the network are 4.15 lucent/Orinoco software, which KarlNet wrote,
and is the predecessor for the current KarlNet software.  I have had
both 4.15 base units 4.43 base units working with older satellites and
they seem to respond well to it, with a common latency of around 30ms,
and typical throughput of about 3-4 megs.

Kenneth "Scott" Myers
Wireless Engineer
smyers@telsouth.net
(843) 842-7795 x 105