[Karlnet] KN200 Problems

Subject: [Karlnet] KN200 Problems
From: LaRoy McCann <lmccann@roachconveyors.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2003 15:06:14 -0600
I have a kn200 with the satellite software and 2 200mw cards. I am using it to do ptp to 2 remote locations, each remote on a different frequency.

On sunday I got a call that one of the links was down.
Both the remote unit 2 (kn100 soho 5 user 200mw card freq 3) and the satellite could be accessed at its own location, but neither unit could "see" the other on the rf side.

The satellite (kn200, 2 200mw cards, sat, unlimited mac) could still work with remote unit 1 (kn200, 1 200mw card, sat software, freq 9).

Today, I got a call that the remaining link had quit. The only thing in common is the satellite unit with the 2 cards. I can still access it remotely, but it does not "see" either of the two remote units.

These are the Turbocell units in the aluminum box that Demarc sells.

The link between the two satellite units has been working great for about a month (died today). The link to remote 2 (kn100, soho) was just installed last Thursday. It worked great until Sunday.

These units are about an hour and a half away. I would like some suggestions before I make the trip to check it out. And yes, the tower is still standing.

I have had them unplug the sat unit for about 30 min. That did not help.

Thanks.

LaRoy McCann
Electrical Engineering Manager
Roach Conveyors