[Karlnet] Long Range Links

To: karlnet@WISPNotes.com
Subject: [Karlnet] Long Range Links
From: "john purnell" <jep290@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:25:13 -0600
Hi all,
I am trying to arrange two 6 mile links using 2.4 TC on AP1000s using
Orinoco Gold cards (100mw I believe).  I have very good HAAT at my hub
location, as I'm on a 50' tower on top of a 12 story building on a hill.
The other points are homes 6 miles away, in different directions, over some
land and water.

My question: is 6 miles doable? I run a bunch of karlnet stuff building to
building, campus wide, etc...,  but I have nothing even close to this range.
Any tips or things to look out for? What are some distances you are covering
out there for links?

I plan on using 24db grids at both locations, horizontally polarized, LMR600
under 50feet, point to point software, and plenty of beer at both ends...

Thanks for any advice.

John P
Wisconsin